Tuesday, December 21, 2010

First Day of School

I imagined the morning of the first day of school going a little differently, especially because I had seen pictures of my friends' kids standing on their front porches or in front of their school, smiling with their cute new outfits and backpacks.


I was a little nervous dropping my kiddos off in their classrooms because they've never "done school" before. There were so many people at the classroom door that John Palmer literally got sucked in and I didn't see his eyes look back at me before I had to leave and drop Ellie off. Ellie immediately connected with a sand table her teacher showed her. She started searching for sea shells. That made me feel a bit better.

When I picked the kids up three hours later, they didn't want to leave and they were chattering all about what had happened. Even though the pictures didn't turn out quite as well as I wanted them too, I am so excited that my children have the opportunity to go to preschool and know they're having a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment