Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Halloween 2010

This year, we decided on a theme...lions, and tigers, and bears-oh my! I found Abbie's costume at the last minute at Old Navy for $10! I was so excited that I pulled that off. I probably would've spent that much or more trying to do a DIY costume. I like saving time AND money.

This year, we went candy hunting around Valley Estates where my parents still live. I don't know why, buy Halloween seemed so chaotic and I tossed all safety rules out of the window with John Palmer's costume-he was a black bear. I could barely keep track of him. There was this crazy, scary house that made the kids cry. I started feeling weird about the whole thing. I saw lots of people getting so excited about being scared to death. I love that the kids looked so cute in their costumes and had fun collecting candy, but I didn't like putting them in a position to fight fears and muscle through it. Maybe next year we'll find an alternative candy-hunting activity.

Happily, we were also able to go to the annual Brown family harvest party where we first found out that Karen and Phillip were expecting their first baby! The kids had a great time playing games and running around with their friends. I love the fall and all the festivities, but we are seriously going to have to take the "spooky" out of the equation.
 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment