Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lord of the Rings+Scrapbooking=Victory!



I "Uppercase L" Love scrapbooking. (I never imagined that cutting paper and gluing it back together could be so fun-but it is.) I also "Uppercase L" Love The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (preferably the extended editions...none of those edited versions they show every Holiday season on TNT for me.)


The main question is, "Can such a lady-hobby like scrapbooking coexist with such boy-boy action/drama films like The Lord of the Rings Trilogy?" I submit that they can and do on a regular basis at my house. (Sidenote: I only scrap/watch LOTR when my kids are snoozing.)

Why? Scrapbooking is not drudgery, or I wouldn't love it, but it is a lot of work. I like to have something else to pair it with-hence the unusual combo. I think the LOTR movies are just cool - action, adventure, victory over impossible circumstances. (I will have to admit, I occasionally have to skip over some of the Frodo/Sam scenes...they get a little tedious. SHHHH. Don't tell any truly devoted LOTR fans.)

Obviously, I'm not Aragorn or Frodo, saving the world from the evils of Mordor, but watching them do their thing strangely pushes me through my projects to have victory over paper, pictures, adhesives, and embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment