Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Staying Warm with Soup!

So, the weather man is calling for snow again this week and whether or not we see any of that white precipitation, it will be cold. What's better during cold weather than a good pot of soup simmering on the stove?

A few weeks ago, my dear friend Stephanie gave me one of the most amazing soup recipes I've ever made: Best Bean and Kielbasa Soup. She got it from her mom, Renate, who, I think, got it directly from Jesus. (I'm not kidding-the Word says that everything good comes from God and this soup is better than good!)

Three reasons why I LOVE this soup:
1. It's delicious.
2. It's easy to make.
3. It's affordable (under $10).

Steph gave me permission to share, so here it is:

Best Bean and Kielbasa Soup

*Beef Kielbasa
*Knorr Spring Vegetable Mix
*3 cans Pinto beans



1. Slice kielbasa and saute in pan.


2. Drain.
3. Put in pot and add 1 quart of water, mix, and beans. (I didn't drain the beans.)



4. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy!



This will definitely feed several adults with room for seconds and possibly leftovers. Thanks to Stephanie Tidwell for helping me to diversify my winter meals with such a "soup"-er recipe!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!!! You need to post a picture of what it looks like after its done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll definitely have to try this one so simple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!! I'm going to the store NOW!!! Thank you beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, and that last comment was from Jill Ridout, not Aaron, jsyk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!!!! I'm glad the Hall's liked it and that it was blog worthy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SUPER tasty. Becky shared the recipe with me and we've made it twice- quick, inexpensive and perfect for a homemade meal after a busy day!

    ReplyDelete