Friday, April 23, 2010

Birthday Week

Katy and I were born a year and four days apart. Her birthday is April 21st and mine is April 25th. I don't know how many times I've said that in my lifetime, but I love that fact. I have many special memories of shared birthday parties. I remember knowing when it was Katy's birthday that I only had four more days until mine. There were those few years when I watched her turn 12 and she got her ears pierced, turn 14 and got to wear make up, turn 16 and got to drive and date, etc. and I had to wait a whole year for my turn...I guess on her end, it wasn't always easy going first. Here's to you, Katy, and to many more Birthday Weeks together.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Beck, you are so sweet! I just teared up and it really means a lot to hear you say those things. It was pretty cool growing up and always having a birthday that close to yours. I know it was tough for Mom and Dad in those days, but I am so thankful we were all so close in age. But I am glad for Mom's sake that we were at least a year apart. We could have been Irish twins! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete