Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Birthday George!

It's hard to believe that our bestest doggy friend is 8 this year!

We observe George's birthday every St. Patrick's Day (although I think his actual DOB is March 12 or 13.) We are so LUCKY to have a dog like George. He's always been so sweet and snuggly. George is a true and loyal friend and he's been great with the kids. (Ellie is really connecting with the idea that George is her dog.)

(Mary meeting George. He's always been a lap dog.)
Rewind 8 years ago to 2002...I received George as a graduation gift from my sister and brother-in-law, Sherrie and Lane Parker. They own a beautiful farm in Asheboro, NC, and, among other things, they raise Corgies. I met George on Mothers Day that year when the Parkers brought some of their puppies to our picnic. They were for sale (pretty expensive because of their breeding, color, etc.) Aron suggested that Lane give me one as a gift. He said yes and we took George home that afternoon.

(What a sweet baby!)

(Oh George, you are my little gentleman! Happy Birthday, bud!)

No comments:

Post a Comment