Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Yes You Can!

After I posted "Dino Days," I got a couple of questions like, "How do you do that?" and "Where do you get all your ideas?" A lot of my ideas come from:

(Search for it on www.themailbox.com)

Reasons I love this book:
1. It's theme based through the seasons, so it's easy to pick up at any time.
2. It gives easy instructions for each activity.
3. Many of the activities are also literature-based. I just go online, reserve the books about a week in advance, and go pick them up at the library.
4. When you register the book online, you have access to "online extras" you can print off at home to go along with many of the weekly activities.
5. There is a version of this book for Pre-K's and Kindergarteners.
I don't follow the weekly theme-based units to the letter and I don't do them every week, but it is great to open up the book and get some quick ideas.

To all of you out there searching for ways to work with your children at home or supplement their schoolwork, find a local home-schooling resource store or a teaching materials store. In Raleigh, I love the "Teach Me" store off of Spring Forest and Capitol. That's where I purchased my "Day to Day" book for $25 and it's been worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment