Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

Today is St. Patrick's Day-shamrocks, leprechauns, pots of gold, rainbows, dancing a jig, wearing green to avoid an annoying pinch from someone I barely know, and realizing that I know VERY little about why Patrick is a saint and that I have very little connection to him or anything Irish, besides the fact that my mother's maiden name is Scollard, that my Grampy used to have red hair, that I have freckles, and that I think I am a quarter Irish. So, I did a couple of things with the kids today...we wore green. We made a special snack: Leprechaun Snack Mix from the 2010 Mailbox magazine.

(Mix includes Lucky Charms, Corn Pops-gold, and Skittles-rainbow...lots of sugar, I know, but lots of smiles and a good toothbrush make it okay!)

I think I'll have to do a better job explaining the whole thing to the children next year or when there's actually a St. Patrick's Day book to be had at the library. Today, I've enjoyed the fact that my kids are excited about a really fun snack and that they all look great in green!

(Kiss me...I'm pretty sure I'm Irish.)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome ideas! I bet the kiddos had a great time! I definitely need to do more of that sort of thing for Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And p.s. I would definitely kiss that Irish baby girl!!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete