Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Made New!


Spring always brings out the idea of new life. Whether you share my faith or not, there is no denying the flowers shooting out of the ground, the buds bursting out of the barren branches, and the dead grass replaced by a softer, more vulnerable green. I am thankful for these visible reminders that if I have a "winter" of a day, I CAN shake off the deadness, and put on new life.

Yesterday, I had a particularly "wintery" day, ridden with guilt, confusion, self-condemnation. Today, sitting by my computer, I got sucked into Facebook, and I thought, "Stop doing this and get on with taking care of your house, you slacker..."

Thank God that "no condemnation" popped into my head. Quickly I reached for my Bible and looked up the reference and found Romans 8:1-2 just in time. It reads:

"So now there is NO condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. For the power of the LIFE-giving Spirit has freed you through Christ Jesus from the power of sin that leads to death."

(Insert HUGE sigh of relief!)

This also brought up memories of a song I used to sing in Church taken from Lamentations 3:22-23:
"The steadfast love of the Lord NEVER ceases,
His mercies never come to an end,
They are NEW every morning,
NEW every morning,
Great is thy faithfulness."

(This makes me cry and literally want to hug Jesus, my Rescuer. Negative thoughts averted!)

Today, I rest in the assurance that God loves me so much that He WILL make me new everyday because of the enormous amount of mercy He possesses no matter how "wintery" I was the day or even the moment before.

No comments:

Post a Comment